Reconcile Option Missing For Account

Options
saberman
saberman Member ✭✭✭

I want to reconcile one of my accounts. When I click on the star icon reconcile is not one of the options. If I select Tools/Reconcile an Account I get a popup the says Update Balance. I can reconcile my other accounts. What do I have to do to be able to reconcile this one?

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this a Cash account? If so, you are getting exactly what you should get. Entering the new balance will create an adjustment transaction to get the register to have a current balance that matches the new balance amount. It then marks all of the transactions with an “R”.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It is an Expense account. It shows up in Quicken under Property & Debt. Need to reconsile against paper.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What does Quicken show it to be on Account Details when you Edit the account from the Account List (Tools menu)?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have my account for bridge tolls set up as an asset account. The asset account does not have a reconcile, it has the Update Balance function @splasher mentioned. Tried the Update Balance just yesterday. Updating the balance in the asset account did add a reconciled balance adjustment transaction, but it did not mark all the transactions as reconciled.

I had to Shift select transactions and click the edit button to select Reconcile. It asked which reconcile status I wanted - blank, c, or R - then applied the chosen reconcile status to the selected transactions.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

See above.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Liability accounts are another account type that doesn't have a reconcile.

Any of these accounts are going to be like that.

And loans, HELOCs are an expection because they are treated like a credit card account.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To Reconcile is to COMPARE. You're comparing your records to that of the FI (Or, more generally, you're comparing the observed to the expected).

You don't show an FI in your graphic, so I'd assume there is none, so there's nothing to compare to.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.