Can't Add Schwab Account

Options
I can't add a Schwab IRA account to Latest Quicken on windows 10 - before listing details, I have already contacted Quicken support and their suggestions resulted in the same issue.

When adding, I chose the Charles Schwab icon and follow the login process. I'm able to login fine to Schwab, select my account to link to Quicken and the process continues and completes fine on the Schwab site and dsiplays "Your accounts have been authorized successfully! You will now be redirected back to Quicken." - but the redirect back never happens.

Quicken then tells me that the sign in failed due to time out or a connection error. Same result, every time.

My account is fine on Schwab's site - I'm able to login and use the account on Schwab's site fine.

Security settings on Schwab acct show that my account is linked to Quicken.

I have done the following:

Enabled popups and redirects in Chrome
Updated Chrome to most recent version 110.0.5481.178
Checked for any existing Schwab accts in Quicken (have none)
Tried MS Edge browser (same result)
Made my computer trusted device at Schwab's site

Quicken Support suggested I add my IRA account as a manual account in Quicken and enter all my Holdings, etc and then after creating manual acct., edit it and try to activate the online services that way. Exact same results.

I would greatly appreciate anyone who can give me any help on this.

Brady

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Greystoke,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

First, I suggest that you sign out of your data file completely and then sign back in. In doing so, you will refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. Please follow the steps below in order to do so.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 

After signing out and then back in, please attempt to add your Charles Schwab account(s) again.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Greystoke
    Greystoke Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jasmine, you're awesome! That worked - thank you so much!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Greystoke,

Thanks for coming back to update us.

I am happy to hear that we were able to reach a resolution!

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.