American Express Password Length

Options
Due to security reasons, I changed my American Express password and increased the length on the American Express website. When I attempt to add the new password for AMX in my password vault I get a Quicken error message, "The information Quicken has from American Express is that password can be no longer than 20 characters long". See attached screenshot #01.
This information from Quicken is incorrect. The AMX password can be up to 256 characters. See attached screenshot #02 from the AMX website where customers set up a new password. I can log into the AMX web site with my password with no issues.
This error in Quicken is causing me to enter the AMX password manually each time I want to download AMX transactions.
REQUESTED CHANGE: Please correct this Quicken error to allow use of AMX passwords up to 256 characters in length. Thanks!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Larry1212,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

Please note, Quicken has a 16-character limit for bank passwords. If your bank password is longer than 16 characters, it will need to be shortened. Also, be advised that if the bank account login password uses special characters this could also interfere with Quicken's ability to download transactions. These special characters can be (but are not limited to) the ampersand (&), left carat (<), right carat (>), backslash (\), and forward slash (/). 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.