Downloading Venmo Transactions

Options
petco3
petco3 Member ✭✭
I looked, but don't see that there's been any discussion about the problem with downloading Venmo transactions in awhile. Does anyone know, is that ever going to get resolved? PayPal allows online downloading. Venmo, which is owned by PayPal does not. Why is this the case?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @petco3,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

Could you please provide more information regarding the issue that you are experiencing when attempting to add your Venmo account(s)? Are you receiving any error codes or messages?

You are able to connect your accounts to Venmo via Quicken Connect which allows the automatic download of transactions (see below).

I look forward to your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @petco3,

Could you please provide more information regarding the issue that you are experiencing when attempting to add your Venmo account(s)? Are you receiving any error codes or messages?

You are able to connect your accounts to Venmo via Quicken Connect which allows the automatic download of transactions (see below).

I look forward to your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

• petco3
    petco3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, thank you! That totally helped. I knew for awhile, maybe in 2022, you couldn't download transactions from Venmo to Quicken. But I guess they fixed that problem! Thank you, Peter
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @petco3,

Thank you for coming back to update us.

I am happy to hear that we were able to reach a resolution!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

•  KQ
    KQ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited April 2023
    Options

Quick question re VENMO downloads. Are you refering to Venmo Credit accounts or Debit Card accounts?

I have not been able to get the CREDIT Account to download transactions - Ever.

Thanks much

Kenneth

• petco3
    petco3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    You can get the transactions for the debit account. I don’t use their credit card. See the explanation from Jasmine, in this conversation- her reply helped me to set that up. If that doesn’t solve the issue for you, you should definitely call Quicken Support.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

here is what we see for Venmo - just one entry - (this is from the Windows side)

61965 61965 61965 Venmo https://www.venmo.com/ N/A
    https://venmo.com/account/login ACTIVE
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• petco3
    petco3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello @petco3,

You are able to connect your accounts to Venmo via Quicken Connect which allows the automatic download of transactions
  •  KQ
    KQ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello folks - STILL LOOKING FOR A RESPONSE TO THIS POST FROM A MONTH AGO- FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I made a MAJOR typo in my post earlier this month regarding this subject. I had stated I had never been able to download DEBIT card transactions. However, I have no problems when it comes to Venmo's debit card. It's there CREDIT Card that is the problem. I've been working on this issue since January 2021, all to no avail.

Here's the link to the post regarding this very same issue, which was closed with no actions taken.

I copied/pasted my comments from that post that may prove helpful:

What's the latest update on this situation? I found the following details regarding the FIs used for each type account:

DEBIT CARD - The Venmo Mastercard® Debit Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC.

CREDIT CARD - The Venmo Visa Credit Card is issued by Synchrony Bank pursuant to a license from Visa USA Inc. VISA and VISA SIGNATURE are registered trademarks of Visa International Service Association and used under license.

The only open issue I have is with the credit card connection. Would you please let me know what's happened on this since post back in JANUARY 2021.

Even though Synchrony provides Quicken support for a great deal of financial institutions. However, each time I've talked with them, they either say 'we're working on it 'or they act as if they have not a clue.

I hope this helps clarify the actual need. I also hope you can help with this very old issue that hasn't gone anywhere.

Thanks much for anything you're able to do!

KQ

• petco3
    petco3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I’m so sorry! I don’t use their credit card, so I have no idea…
This discussion has been closed.