How do I permanently reauthorize USAA accts?
jordanj02 Member ✭✭
Approximately 2 weeks ago I started being prompted by Quicken, "Your financial institution connection(s) need an update." After I perform the reauthorization I receive a confirmation email and then I'm prompted to link the accounts presented to Quicken from USAA with the preexisting accounts already loaded in Quicken. This connection update occurs every time I sync my accounts as if the credentials aren't being saved or new authentication is required by USAA. Is there something I can do to not have to update the connections?
Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
Before you attempt any troubleshooting, please save a backup of your data file first (just in case).
Then, if you haven't already, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "rediscover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
- Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
- If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
- Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
- Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
- When finished, close the Account List
- Close, then re-open Quicken
- Navigate to Tools > Add Account
- Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
- Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.
Let us know how it goes!-Quicken Anja0