Connecting to BrightStart 529 Error - Wrong URL

jkurutz
jkurutz Member
It looks like Quicken recently made progress connecting to the BrightStart 529 program but hasn't quite gotten there yet. When searching for financial institutions with the term "Bright", BrightStart (for regular people) comes up first, and so does the related program BrightDirections (which requires a financial advisor). But both have the same URL in Quicken.

- Outside Quicken, BrightStart is accessed via https://www.brightstart.com, and clicking Login...AccountOwner leads to a long https://portal.ubtrust.com/Portal/.... URL.
- Inside Quicken, BrightStart is listed as "Bright Start Savings - Advisor", has the right logo, but the listed URL is "brightdirections.com."

- Outside Quicken, BrightDirections is accessed via https://portal.ubtrust.com/Portal/paport/brightdirections/#login .
- Inside Quicken, BrightDirections is listed as "BrightDirections 529 College Savings Program" and has the URL "bright directions.com" - the SAME as BrightStart, though the user cannot log in to both with the same account.

Can someone at Quicken PLEASE fix this?? I've been trying to get this connected for about a decade, and my oldest is going to graduate already. The solution seems so close! Or is Quicken only for financial advisors, and not us plebes?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @jkurutz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If your financial institution has changed its URL, then it will require them to submit a request to have it changed within Quicken. For more detailed information regarding this topic, please take a moment to review the section titled "How can I fix an incorrect Homepage URL?" found in this support article.

I do apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

just to clarify - you want to access the Illinois 529 plan called - BrightStart -

I looked on the QWin list… and there is no "BrightStart" listed…
    And I had a 529 account several years ago - but never saw anything that implied Quicken was supported…

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI …

Currently, Bright Start does not link directly with Quicken. When you login to your account through our website, you can export the transaction information into Excel.  From there, it is our understanding that you can edit or convert the information for upload into individual financial software, like Quicken.

I hope that is helpful!  If you have questions or need any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Best wishes,

Kathryne Weber

Client Service Supervisor

Bright Start College Savings Program

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.