why is my new account adopting the wrong nickname in quicken

Options

while adding a second chase card account the account name was straight forward yet

quicken adopted a nickname of an exisitng savings account with our credit union

sending updates to the wrong account

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @vector1000,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

To clarify, it seems as though there was an issue when linking and adding your second Chase card. If so, then I suggest deactivating ALL accounts with Chase and then re-adding them.

Before you begin any troubleshooting attempts, we first advise saving a backup.

Then, I suggest that you please deactivate ALL of your accounts with Chase and then delete them. Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, right-click each of the new account names and select Edit/Delete account and click Delete Account on the bottom left. Follow the prompts to complete the deletion of each account.

Once they have both been deleted, attempt to reconnect the original two accounts through Add Account, by navigating to Tools > Add Account..., searching for your Financial Institution name, and following the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.