How to edit Security Detail View "Industry" in Investments ?

DRMick
DRMick Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2023 in Reports (Windows)

In the Security Detail View of a security there is a field called "INDUSTRY'.

How do we edit that field and how to pull a report displaying that field?

Edit Details does not do it.

Windows 10 Q Premier @ R47.15

Best Answer

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can't edit the field. I comes in when you add the security. As far as a report, it is not available in reports but you can add it to a portfolio view by cusomizing it (click “options” button at top right of view).

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can't edit the field. I comes in when you add the security. As far as a report, it is not available in reports but you can add it to a portfolio view by cusomizing it (click “options” button at top right of view).

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

… and you can print or export the Investing > Portfolio view by going to File > Print Portfolio or hitting Ctrl-P.

QWin Premier subscription
  • DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭

Yes that part worked. I guess thats the best it can do. Thanks.

• TomMcDD
    TomMcDD Member

It is a shame Quicken hasn't fixed this As an investor i like to compare how my investmests do by SECTOR and INDUSTRY. fOR EXAMPLE: i own 5 oil companies in the INDUSTRY designation within the ENERGY Sector. i Iwould like to sort my entire portfolio by INDUSTRY and bY SECTOR to compare how my stocks are performing compared to the INDUSTRY and SECTOR each stock is in. This is fundamental to managing youe investments.

JTMc

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

so, for example - since Industry is already added - what would you have for Sector - for some of your holdings -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭

So this report would be under Investing on the Top Bar, Portfolio, then customize the report? It does show some industry labels for some securities but…

Unfortunately this report too inaccurate and incomplete to be useful. It also displays some securities I no longer own that just happen to be in the Security list.

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭

I agree, so I tried expoirt to an Excel spread sheet. It worked but it took a lot of time. It is not updatable easy either.

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭

I suppose you could configure the Custom view of Asset class in each security. But Quicken could program this when it accepts the security into the portfolio.

Here is an example list of sectors I collected from by my brokers website

BONDS

CASH

Communication Services

Consumer Discretionary

Consumer Staples

Energy

Financials

FUND

Health Care

Industrials

Information Technology