Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Add Accounts Screen keep appearing
Everytime I do an One Step Update, I get an Add Accounts screen asking for an ID and Password for Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, even though these are stored in the password vault. When I enter the information again the screen reappears and I have to hit cancel twice to get rid of the screen. Yet the MS accounts in Quicken are being updated correctly. Oddly enough, when I do an One Step Update and exclude the MS accounts, I still get the same screen to add accounts. However when I update the MS accounts directly and not part of an Update All, the screen does not appear. This has me stumped. Starting happening 2-3 months ago.
I also followed the instructions from Support to uninstall and reinstall Quicken but no difference. Problem persists.0
Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.
To clarify, you contacted Quicken Support and they instructed you to uninstall and reinstall Quicken? If so, could you please provide the ticket number given to you during your interaction?
I look forward to your response.-Quicken Jasmine0
Hello. Unfortunately I cannot find the email with the ticket #. Not sure why it didn't stay in my Inbox. It was from about 20-30 days ago.0
Actually it was a suggestion from Jared from the Community and not a Quicken Support response. So I have not received any update from Quicken Support0
Thank you for providing more information, I apologize for the misguidance previously provided. Quicken Jared is no longer with the company.
If you haven't already, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
- Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
- If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
- Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
- Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
- When finished, close the Account List
- Close, then re-open Quicken
- Navigate to Tools > Add Account
- Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
- Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.
Let us know how it goes!-Quicken Jasmine0
Unfortunately, after following all the procedures you listed, the Add Accounts screen asking for ID and password still appear.0
Thank you for attempting those troubleshooting steps.
Next, I suggest that you sign out of your data file completely and then sign back in. In doing so, you will refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services.
Please follow the steps below in order to do so.
- Navigate to Edit
- Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
- Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
- Follow the prompts to Sign Out
- Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
Please let me know how this goes!-Quicken Jasmine0