Reconciliation causes account balance errors

Options
Husker
Husker Member ✭✭
I like to repost this occasionally... as I first had this problem in 2019 and it is still there. It has to do with split transactions, that involve a transfer to another quicken account. For example, I have a paycheck that has split lines including a transfer to a health savings account. All is good, until I go to reconcile transactions in the health savings account. When I do this, the account balance on the associated checking account changes! When I look at the transaction line for the paycheck, the deposit/payment number changes from the amount of the full paycheck, and changes to match just the HSA portion that I just reconciled. For example, if the full check is $1000 after taxes and transfers and there is a transfer to the HSA account of $50, after reconciling the HSA transaction... then the transaction in my checking account changes from a $1000 to deposit to $50. If I then open the paycheck, and simply resave it, the transaction amount 'fixes' itself.

The same thing happens on a checking account split transaction where part pays off a loan, and part gets transferred to an escrow account. If I reconcile the escrow account, it messes up the balance of the checking account.

Been a problem for years.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Husker,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

Due to the duration and nature of this issue, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can utilize functions such as screen share and walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.