Anybody use Elizabethtown Gas (as Online Biller)?

Options

I have tried to add Elizabethtown Gas as a biller, and have not been able to. Has anybody? I am in New Jersey.

I try adding the biller. IT finds it, but it's asking for a two-step confirmation code, and I never receive one. I have used two-step successfully before on their website, but Quicken doesn't seem to get them to send me one.

I am using Quicken Deluxe Windows Subscription R47.15 on Windows 11 Home.

Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @nnjjoe50,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest you try to Review and Repair Online billers.  However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes! 

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• nnjjoe50
    nnjjoe50 Member
    Options

I tried it, but I'm not sure if that worked. There were 2 billers that it wanted to delete, but Elizabethtown Gas wasn't one of them. After trying to link and supplying my login info, I wasn't prompted for multifactor login, but instead I got a message that Quicken is still trying to connect and give it a few days. The icon for the company appears with the bill entry in the list by name, but there is a warning icon next to it and a Fix It button as an action. If i click Fix It, I am prompted again to login, but this time it is asking for the multifactor code, which was never sent to me. Basically, the original problem.

I can try it again and wait a few days before I try to fix it again, Should I?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

When I check our servers, it shows the account is locked (possibly from too many unsuccessful attempts to add). It also recognizes that the biller is sending a 2 step confirmation code, even though you're not receiving it. I'd recommend reaching out to Elizabethtown Gas for assistance.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• nnjjoe50
    nnjjoe50 Member
    Options

Thanks for checking, but the account doesn't seem to be locked. I went immediately to their website and was able to log in without any restriction. There was no indication of the account being locked or too many login attempts. I assume if it was locked, I would've been asked to do something to unlock when I tried logging into their website.

It really seems like there's some miscommunication between their login process and Quicken. Like I said, there might've been times that I had to do multifactor login while logging into their website and was able to do so without a problem. I got the code from them in a short while.

I did contact Elizabethtown Gas support and they're insistent that the problem is on the Quicken side. I'm not sure who's problem it is. Maybe a scripting issue on the Quicken side? I know that it doesn't seem that way given what you can see on your servers, but checking by logging in immediately seems to indicate that he info might not be correct.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

Multi-factor authentication codes come from the biller's server. Quicken has no access to their server. When reaching out to Elizabethtown Gas, it may help to ask for a higher tier of tech support or a supervisor, since they're generally more familiar with 3rd party applications like Quicken.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If all else fails …

This discussion has been closed.