Quicken refuses to open and the site doesn't give access to download
My Quicken Home and Busness for Canada refuses to open today. It just locks up. I've validated the file, no help. So I went to the support site to reinstall. When I click on "I'm reinstalling" it just bounces me back to the main page, no download. Any suggestions?
Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue. I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Have you restarted your computer since this issue started? If you haven't, I'd recommend doing so. If you're still unable to open Quicken and the download page isn't letting you download, I'd recommend going to quicken.com/canada and logging into your Quicken account.
Once logged in, you should see an option to access your apps in the lower right square. That will provide you with a link to download Quicken.
If that doesn't let you download either, try using a different web browser. If the issue persists even with a different browser, make sure to temporarily disable any anti-virus, firewall, or VPN you may have active and try again.
If you're still having the same problem after re-installing, the next step would be to try opening Quicken without a data file. To do this, follow these steps (Note, steps are for Windows.):
- Hold CTRL+Shift on your keyboard and double click on your Quicken icon (You will need to hold CTRL+Shift until Quicken opens with a blank screen).
- If Quicken does come up with a blank screen, then you will want to restore your file from a recent backup.
- For directions on restoring from a backup, use this link.
- Validate the restored file by going to File>Validate and Repair File.
- Check Validate file and click OK.