Newest update gives me white screen of death

mrjimi
mrjimi Member

The newest update automatically installed when I opened the program yesterday. Now when I start it up, it just hangs — show a blank white window with nothing but the File menu pull-down at the top (and that's not usable). Eventually Windows tells me the program has become unresponsive, but it's impossible to shut down, even using CTRL-ALT-DEL. I uninstalled and reinstalled; same thing. I literally have to hard-reboot the computer for it to go away. Great timing on the update, Quicken — not like it's tax season or anything.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @mrjimi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

However, after you have uninstalled and before you proceed with reinstalling, please open your Windows File Explorer and navigate to This PC > C: Drive > Program Files (x86) and delete the folder titled "Quicken" (doing so does not affect your data files). After you have deleted this folder, go ahead and try reinstalling.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.