Error Message-OL-334-A

Options

Added an additional Fidelity Account to quicken yesterday. I had forgotten that I had a different login password (for direct connect) when updating my bank account & used the one I use to log into my online bank account.

I then got the above error message saying because I entered the wrong password 3x, I'm now locked out. I called my bank & I'm not locked out so they can't help me. I attempted to enter the correct login passwork for direct connect, but it says it's not correct. It appears to be a quicken problem. I'd appreciate some help/advise on how to fix this problem.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @lilymolly2005!,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Generally this error happens because when Quicken reaches out to the financial institution server, the response it gets says the account is locked. Since you said you already spoke to the financial institution and they say nothing shows locked on their end, I would recommend creating a new file in your Quicken and add the account in that new file. This will help narrow down if its a connection issue or if the issue is file specific.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lilymolly2005!
    lilymolly2005! Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Kristina for your help. I think I'll wait a couple of days before creating a new file, since the instructions to do so are a little confusing and I don't want to mess up my account.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

You are welcome to reach out to our support by phone or by chat if you would like someone to walk you through the process. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• lilymolly2005!
    lilymolly2005! Member ✭✭
    Options

Before I reach out to support I wanted to ask your opinion re the following: Before I asked for help on 3/17 I had restored my Quicken file to my back up on 3/15 (prior to adding the new bank account) and then attempted to add the account again, but still got the same error message. Wouldn't that lean towards it being a connection issue vs a file issue? Again, I appreciate your help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

It may lean more towards a connection issue. If it is a connection issue, you would need to reach out to your financial institution for assistance. You said that you already spoke to them and they said your account is not locked. Since they did not see anything obvious on their end, its a good idea to test with a new file just to make sure there's nothing in your file or recent backup that is causing the issue.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.