Capital One Errors on Reauthorizing

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Capital One - again.

Comments

• glfimdu
    glfimdu Member
    Options

I am unable to download transactions from several Capital One accounts. It askes me to reauthorize the link. I re-sign into my Captial One account and then I get an error message— different ones each time. I have sent those to Quicken.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @glfimdu,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To resolve this issue, I'd recommend doing the following:

1. Backup your file.
    2. Disconnect all of your accounts that are connected to Capital One.
    3. Go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts. This will pull up a list of all your accounts in that Quicken file. You will want to scroll through that list, looking to see if any account shows Capital One in the Financial Institution column. If any accounts do show Capital One in the Financial Institution column, that means Quicken still thinks they're connected. You may need to unhide the account so you can disconnect it, or if its an unused/closed account, you can also just mark it as closed in Quicken.
    4. Reconnect the accounts.

That will usually get everything to reconnect and download properly.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MPRL
    MPRL Member
    Options

This worked for me - turns out I had a store credit card that was also a Capital One account. Once I disconnected it, I was able to successfully re-connect both accounts.

This discussion has been closed.