USAA accounts switched

Options

Since a recent update with Quicken and USAA, my downloads are going the the wrong accounts. Checking transactions are being downloaded to my Savings account and Savings transactions are downloaded to my Checking account.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @gino.alberto,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. You can restore a backup from before the incorrect downloads happened, or you can also manually move the transactions to the correct account.

To prevent this from happening again, I would recommend checking to make sure your accounts in Quicken are connected to the correct USAA accounts. To do that, follow these steps for each affected account:

1. Go to Tools>Account List.
    2. Scroll down to the affected account. Click the Edit button next to that account.
    3. That will pull up the Account Details screen. On the right side of the General tab, check to make sure it is seeing the correct Financial Institution and Account number.

If they are connected to the correct accounts and still downloading incorrect information, please let me know.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• gino.alberto
    gino.alberto Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina,Thank you for your response. When I click the Edit button I notice that next to Checking is the Saving's account number (and next to saving's account is the checking account numbe). It seems I can change the name but the account number is gray.

So, if I change the name will it download to the correct account?

Thank you again.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @gino.alberto,

Thank you for your response. It doesn't let you change the account number because that is information supplied by your financial institution. The account name you see is just the nickname in Quicken. To correct the issue, there are a couple things you will need to do:

1. If the transactions that downloaded to the wrong account are mixed with transactions that belong in that account, the simplest way to correct it is to restore from a backup from before the issue happened.
    2. If you restore from a backup, you may get a prompt to reauthorize your USAA accounts.
      1. If you do, you would want to follow those prompts. It will take you to USAA's site to authorize. Once you get the success message, go back to your Quicken. You should see the add/link screen. It will list the accounts as they come in from USAA, the account type, the name in quicken, and then the action (Add to Quicken, Link to Existing Account, Don't add to Quicken). You would want to check that the accounts are seeing the correct name in Quicken to download into. If they are not, hit the dropdown to the right, select Link to Existing Account, and choose the correct name. Once everything is correct, you can hit next to finish connecting the accounts.
      2. If you do not restore a backup or you do not get a prompt to reauthorize, you will need to deactivate the USAA accounts, then reconnect them by selecting Tools>Add Account, searching for your financial institution, and following the prompts. It will take you to USAA's site to authorize. Once you get the success message, go back to your Quicken. You should see the add/link screen. It will list the accounts as they come in from USAA, the account type, the name in quicken, and then the action (Add to Quicken, Link to Existing Account, Don't add to Quicken). You would want to check that the accounts are seeing the correct name in Quicken to download into. If they are not, hit the dropdown to the right, select Link to Existing Account, and choose the correct name. Once everything is correct, you can hit next to finish connecting the accounts.
    3. Once the accounts are reconnected, you will want to view the registers for those accounts to verify that they are downloading correctly and into the correct account.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.