Unable to add new credit card number to Bank America credit card account

Options

Bank of America issued us new cards with a new account number for an existing Alaska Airlines VISA card. The account wasn't closed for fraud or anything. They just sent out a new set of cards with a new card number but informed us that all transactions, etc. would remain on the account. I've dealt with this with another card before when there was a fraudulent transaction involved and the account was closed. In that case I've used "Add account" and created a new credit card account with the same name plus a number 2. So I attempted to do that in this case. I had to go through the sign-in and 2 factor verification with BofA, etc. and got to the usual Quicken dialog box where you confirm the new account you've set up with the accounts at that bank that Quicken finds. And usually you are allowed to edit the nickname as it will appear in Quicken. And to link it to an existing Quicken account if that applies. BUT, IN THIS CASE: Quicken identifies the account with Bank of America (the only one we have) and shows the new bank & card account # but in the line where I would link it with an existing Quicken account it says "don't add to Quicken" and none of the information in the dialog box is editable. So the only option is to close the dialog box that usually finishes the "Add account" process. And nothing is added or changed in Quicken, The existing Quicken account, in account info., still shows the OLD account number!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @William Prendergast,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize for the delay.

To update your Quicken account with the new credit card number, you can simply deactivate and reactivate the account. For instructions, please refer to this support article on how to deactivate and reactivate.

Once reactivated, the account in Quicken should automatically be updated with the new credit card information and download transactions.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• William Prendergast
    Options
    No need to apologize for a delayed response! I'm just now getting around to dealing with this.....because it hasn't affected downloading, etc.. It's just that the OLD acct # is still in the acct. info. But I deactivated/reactivated as per your instructions and it WORKED! So the acct. info is all up to date now.....and the acct. continues to download transactions. Thank you!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @William Prendergast,

Thanks for coming back to update us.

I am happy to hear that we were able to resolve the issue and the account is showing the correct number now!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.