Reconciled Quicken transactions disappearing

Options
BCKrall
BCKrall Member

I noticed this has been an issue for others however all discussion were closed. I am consistently running into the issue where the cleared and reconciled bank information is dropped. And following up on someone else backing up and reloading is not an acceptable answer. So before you close the discussion can someone tell me why this is the issue. I have used Quicken since the early 2000's and have never had an issue like this.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @BCKrall,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When transactions unexpectedly go missing, the first two things to check are the sort order (If its not set to sort by date, that can cause transactions to move to unexpected places in the register) and to see if you have any filters active.

Assuming that you have already checked those and they are not the cause, I have a few questions. You mentioned you are consistently running into this issue. Do you recall roughly when it started? Was there anything else that happened around that time, such as a power surge, power outage, program or computer unexpectedly shutting down, etc? Is this happening exclusively in one account or affecting multiple accounts? Is your Quicken file on your C: drive or is it on a shared network drive, or synced with a cloud drive such as One Drive or Dropbox?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.