Error OL-294A when connecting to First Command Financial Services

Options

hello - I first noticed this on 3/16/23. Previously I have been able to update transactions for my First Command investment accounts. Starting on the 16th when clicking Update Transactions the screen just says "waiting" for several minutes and then reports error OL-294A. My other bank transactions with different banks work fine. First Command is not helpful and not aware of any problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I too recently began having the exact same issue with my First Command investment accounts as chris.baumann01 described above. I first noticed the problem on 3/18/2023. My previous First Command account update was successful on 3/11/2023 (no errors). So, for me, the issue began sometime after that. I tried First Command investment account updates again on 3/19/2023 and again today, 3/20/2023, and continue to get the same OL-294-A error as previous attempts.

As this issue appears to not be unique to just me, but rather a system/server issue, can Quicken look into this further and post updates here? Thanks!

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @chris.baumann01 and @carlj07,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Updating transactions involves Quicken requesting information from your bank and the bank responding with the correct information. These errors indicate Quicken did not receive the expected response from the bank. You may follow this link to access a Support Article which provides some troubleshooting steps to take when presented with this error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Quicken Jasmine,

This afternoon I had time to further troubleshoot the issue described in this discussion. Before attempting the steps outlined in the link you provided, I tried a First Command Investment account update one more time. This time (several hours after my last failed attempt to update) my 4 linked First Command Investment accounts updated normally and without having to troubleshoot using the steps in the link you provided. As I stated in my previous post, attempts to update the First Command Investment accounts several times since the morning of 3/18 resulted in the OL-294-A error every time, including my attempt earlier today. Nothing changed on my side, so the problem must have been elsewhere.

It is frustrating when these errors reoccur over the course of several days. Calling the bank/institution almost always gets the response that it's not their problem (even if it is). Posting the issue on the forum to see if others are having the same issue and complaining to Quicken is often our only recourse. It is often hoped that if enough complaints are received by Quicken regarding issues such as this one, that Quicken might have more "authority" to address the issue with the problematic bank/institution.

Thanks for the link. Although I didn't need to follow the troubleshooting steps this time, I'll bookmark it for future reference.

• bruce_coghill
    bruce_coghill Member ✭✭
    Options
    I too am having the same problem. The error message started to appear on 3/17/23, and even now continues. (14:37 hrs PDT). This is on top of a similar error message when trying to connect to the First Command Bank.
  • carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I saw bruce_coghill's post and had to see if I too was once again having issues with my First Command Investment account updates. I AM, except I am now receiving an OL-293-A error! Although my last attempt to update (earlier this afternoon) was successful, my previous attempts this morning and on 3/18 and 3/19 were unsuccessful and gave an OL-294-A error. I have accomplished the steps in Quicken Jasmine's link, except for contacting First Command, with no solution. I don't have time to contact First Command at this moment and perhaps they are aware of an issue by now and are working on a fix? Again, I do find it curious that I had a successful update earlier this afternoon after numerous failures previous to that and now failed update attempts again!

• bruce_coghill
    bruce_coghill Member ✭✭
    Options
    <carlj07> I spoke with First Command Investment, Technical Services, and they are aware of the problem, and are working on it. Hopefully by tomorrow (3/21/23) AM we will see a solution. Also learned that First Command Investments and First Command Bank, Technical Services are two separate entities. The person I spoke with at First Command Investments was very helpful and spoke candidly, I appreciate that.
  • chris.baumann01
    Options

I also was able to successfully update my transactions earlier this afternoon and was relieved it worked. I have not tried again today thus am hoping in a few days this will be all fixed. I'm glad someone got a hold of a knowledgeable contact at First Command Investments, as the best I could get out of them was being told to make sure I was typing my username and password correctly, not helpful.

• carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the follow up, bruce_coghill. It's encouraging to hear that First Command is aware and working on the issue, so my successful update earlier today was probably an anomaly. After tomorrow (3/21) I'll try account updates again to test the system, and if I encounter any issues, I'll update those problems here.

• bruce_coghill
    bruce_coghill Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just now updated my First Command Investment accounts, (19:28 hrs PDT), everything worked according to established procedures.
  • bruce_coghill
    bruce_coghill Member ✭✭
    Options
    The connection between First Command Investments and Quicken is working well this morning. (PDT) Also Quicken posted an update today (3/21/23). Sure wish the First Command Bank connection would get fixed.
This discussion has been closed.