Ally integration issue - 2FA - SMS & voice call

Options
Maya14
Maya14 Member ✭✭

So there was a known issue with Ally Bank and Quicken not working correctly, and it seems it have been fixed.

However, I have a continuing issue. In order to get Quicken to work with Ally again I have to get through the second authentication step from Ally. When you go to Ally's website, you can choose SMS or Phone Call to receive the code.

I use Google Voice. Ally cannot sent SMS messages to Google Voice for some reason so I need to use the Phone Call option. Which worked fine when going directly to their website.

However, through Quicken, the ONLY option is SMS, which as I said, does not work for me. Why is there no option (in Quicken) to have Ally call me with the code? In the drop down that Quicken displays, the only choice is SMS. It should also show Voice Call since that is a direct option on Ally's website…..

Without this, I cannot authorize Quicken to use Ally any longer.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Maya14,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. The financial institution controls what two factor authentication options show up. I'd recommend checking your profile settings with the financial institution to make sure that your phone number is showing with them as a landline, not a mobile number, and to make sure the only two factor authentication method you have listed with them is the one you want.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Maya14
    Maya14 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for getting back Kristina.

I have confirmed that my # is in Ally and it lists it as "Text or voice call". There is no setting for it to be a "landline" or "mobile".

But in Quicken, when it gets to that step, it ONLY shows the SMS option. Why does it not show the Voice Call option?
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The financial institution controls what options show up. If the only option it is giving you is SMS, that would be because that's the only option coming from the financial institution. Have you spoken to your financial institution's tech support about the issue?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Maya14
    Maya14 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just spoke on the phone with Ally, there is nothing they can do to "fix" the issue of Quicken not providing a "Phone Call" as a 2-factor authentication option.... So, ball back in Quickens court for the moment :).
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.