Brokerage Register does not show all Realized Gains and Losses in Itemized Categories [edited]

Options
Qckn2224
Qckn2224 Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Investing (Windows)
My Fidelity Brokerage Account's Purchases and Sales were properly down loaded to my Brokerage Register.

However, any "Realized Gains or Losses" on the above mentioned transactions are not showing in the Itemized Categories Report from mid- December 2022 to 2/13/23.

FYI - Dividends from the Fidelity Account in Brokerage Register for all dates are showing up on Itemized Categories. No problem.

The problem is the "Realized Gains or Losses" Report for two months.

Best Answer

• Qckn2224
    Qckn2224 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    CORRECTION Brokerage Register does NOT show all Realized Gains and Losses in Itemized Categories

Answers

• Qckn2224
    Qckn2224 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    CORRECTION Brokerage Register does NOT show all Realized Gains and Losses in Itemized Categories
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Were there any sales of securities in that account over that period, other than Money Market funds? Only sales with gains or losses will be included in the report.

Also if you click on the gear to customize the report and select the Categories tab, is the _RlzdGain category selected? The investing categories are hidden by default, so you may have to select Show hidden categories to see them.

I edited the headline to make your correction.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Gains and Losses don't show up in the Investment Account's Transaction List. All you see in the Transaction List is the sale and the entire Investment Account impact is captured in that transaction. That is, cash in the amount of the proceeds is deposited and the security that you sold is gone from the Account. There is no further accounting entry to make in this Account. The gain or loss is captured in a Category. Go look at the Capital Gains report or run a Spending report of some sort that shows Income and Expenses and you'll see the gains and losses.

• Qckn2224
    Qckn2224 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jim, done all of the steps you have suggested already. Category list does not show gains/losses for mid December thru 2/13/23. All other dates are fine.

Tom, as mention in response to Jim, category list is not working for the aforementioned dates. However, I clicked on the Capital Gains report and found some, repeat some, of the transactions not all. This is weird. I have been using Quicken for 12 years and never had this problem. HELP!
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Run an Investment Transaction report for the Account for that period. You can make that report show ONLY sales by Customizing the Actions to Sold and SoldX. Are all the transactions listed out there? Do they all show the _RlzdGain Category?

• Qckn2224
    Qckn2224 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here we go - Itemized Categories Report (no realized gain/loss from 12/15/22 to 2/13/23; Capital Gains Report (some of the sales and purchases recorded); Investment Transaction Report (all of the sales and purchases recorded). GO FIGURE. Definitely Weird!
This discussion has been closed.