How do I remove a bookmark and unanswered questions?

Options
Mark Sanz
Mark Sanz Member ✭✭
I have 1 bookmark but when I click on it there is nothing there. I no longer wish to get notices from the Fidelity Netbenefits thread and it is not bookmarked with the blue. It is white. Yet I get an email for every person's response which is not good as there are now some 18 pages. I wish to stop it but cannot figure out how since neither the thread nor the account profile show me as signed up for these emails.
Additionally, I have four unanswered questions. I don't want to keep those. How do I say they are answered and remove them?
thank you

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

You should not be receiving notifications for posts that are no longer bookmarked….unless you had previously entered your own post into the thread at some time.

If you had entered a post you will continue to get notifications of updates to the thread until all posting ends or the thread is closed. A Moderator is the only one who can close a thread and they will usually do it after 30 days of no new posting activity.

You can turn off or on various notifications (including for Bookmarked and for new posts in threads that you had previously commented in) in your profile settings. Any changes you make will be applied to all of Community, not any specific thread or bookmark. To see and adjust your notification settings:

1. Go to your Community Profile page.
    2. Click on Edit Profile.
    3. Click on Notification Preferences.
    4. Make your selection(s).
    5. Click on Save General Preferences.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

We can follow or not follow specific Categories per this FAQ:

"Unanswered Questions", however, is not a FAQ so it cannot be followed or unfollowed as a Category.

I suspect that at one time you had set some Categories to be followed and to notify you when new discussion threads have been started. When a new discussion is started it will first be classified as "Unanswered."

There are two ways I can think of to stop the "Unanswered" notifications:

1. Go to the Caterogy home pages and click on the blue Bell (if the Bell is not blue then it is not being followed so move on to the next Category). Then select the following preference you want or select "Unfollow".
    2. Or you can go back to your Profile Notification Preferences screen. Scroll down the page and below the General Notification Preferences is a section for Followed Categories. Here you can stop all notifications for the Categories you have set up to be followed. This will be the fastest way to stop the notifications but doing it here will stop all notification options for the specific followed Categories.

Did this answer your question?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

You should not be receiving notifications for posts that are no longer bookmarked….unless you had previously entered your own post into the thread at some time.

If you had entered a post you will continue to get notifications of updates to the thread until all posting ends or the thread is closed. A Moderator is the only one who can close a thread and they will usually do it after 30 days of no new posting activity.

You can turn off or on various notifications (including for Bookmarked and for new posts in threads that you had previously commented in) in your profile settings. Any changes you make will be applied to all of Community, not any specific thread or bookmark. To see and adjust your notification settings:

1. Go to your Community Profile page.
    2. Click on Edit Profile.
    3. Click on Notification Preferences.
    4. Make your selection(s).
    5. Click on Save General Preferences.

• Mark Sanz
    Mark Sanz Member ✭✭
    Options
    that does work to stop the notifications.It can allow direct responses to my post but not all the other posts. Thanks. How to get rid of unanswered questions? Went from 5 last night to 10 this morning. I didnt do anything. They are all for threads I never looked at.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

We can follow or not follow specific Categories per this FAQ:

"Unanswered Questions", however, is not a FAQ so it cannot be followed or unfollowed as a Category.

I suspect that at one time you had set some Categories to be followed and to notify you when new discussion threads have been started. When a new discussion is started it will first be classified as "Unanswered."

There are two ways I can think of to stop the "Unanswered" notifications:

1. Go to the Caterogy home pages and click on the blue Bell (if the Bell is not blue then it is not being followed so move on to the next Category). Then select the following preference you want or select "Unfollow".
    2. Or you can go back to your Profile Notification Preferences screen. Scroll down the page and below the General Notification Preferences is a section for Followed Categories. Here you can stop all notifications for the Categories you have set up to be followed. This will be the fastest way to stop the notifications but doing it here will stop all notification options for the specific followed Categories.

Did this answer your question?

This discussion has been closed.