Investment Account Name
I need to change the user name on my investment account since my husband died. How do I do that? Updates will not load because the account have been changed0
Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this question.
Are you referencing the username when logging into the account or the physical name of the account within Quicken?
I look forward to your response.-Quicken Jasmine0
the user name0
Thanks for providing more information.
Quicken does not have access to your accounts or to the financial institution's servers. You will need to reach out to them for further assistance. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.
I hope this helps!-Quicken Jasmine0
I need to change the user name in Quicken. I already have changed over the Edward Jones account but Quicken won't update because I have a new log in.0
Thank you for providing more information, this helps me to better assist you. I apologize for the miscommunication.
In that case, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
- Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
- If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
- Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
- Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
- When finished, close the Account List
- Close, then re-open Quicken
- Navigate to Tools > Add Account
- Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
- Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.
Let us know how it goes!-Quicken Jasmine0