Unlock with Apple Watch randomly stops working

Options
MontanaKarl
MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta

For at least a month, I've randomly not been asked to unlock my QMac file on launch with my Apple Watch.

The only solution is to go into Quicken > Settings > Security and uncheck "Allow Apple Watch to unlock this file" (and enter the file password) and then immediately re-check the checkbox (and enter the file password). Quit Quicken, launch again, and prompt for Apple Watch is back.

Are others seeing this issue?

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi @MontanaKarl , I am sorry for the trouble caused. Our Mac team is wondering if you are only experiencing this with the Quicken app or do you notice this with any other application? Please le us know. Thanks!

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MontanaKarl
    Options

Thanks, @Quicken Janean Primarily Quicken. I'll have to pay attention, but I think it is after a system restart or a download/install of a QMac update.

It sometimes happens with 1Password …but rarely… maybe only once a month, but I don't have to uncheck/recheck Apple Watch there, it just seems to work the next time… even though I might have just unlocked my Mac with my watch, so know that the Mac "sees" the watch.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Thanks for clarifying. I discussed this with our Mac Team and they have determined this is a MacOS feature that is causing this. We at Quicken, do not have control of this. I am sorry about that.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MontanaKarl
    Options

Thanks for the fast investigation/response, @Quicken Janean ! 😀

This discussion has been closed.