Quicken 2011 on a new MacBook M2 running VMware Fusion 8.5.10 and Windows 95

JohnEv
JohnEv Member

Hi, I am a longtime Quicken user. I switched from a Windows machine to a Mac in 2011, and since then I have been running Quicken 2011 with Windows 95 and VMware Fusion on my MacBook. I'm currently using macOS Mojave 10.14.6 with VMware Fusion 8.5.10 and Windows 95. Works great, but now I need to upgrade my MacBook and I hope I can keep using Quicken 2011 on a new computer. 

The new MacBook will have an M2 Pro chip running macOS Ventura. Looks like I will probably need to upgrade to VMware Fusion 13. 

What I am trying to find out is, will it be possible to run Quicken 2011 for Windows on a Mac computer that has an M2 Pro chip? Will I need to upgrade to a different version of Windows for VMware Fusion 13? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

John

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

All great questions, but whether Win95 will run on the newer VMware is a question for VMware, not here. If you get Win95 or newer running, QW2011 should run.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• JohnEv
    JohnEv Member

Thanks splasher, I was hoping that maybe someone here had already gone through something similar. This seems to be the best resource for all things Quicken 2011.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

Frankly, you are talking about such an unusual combination, I doubt there is anyone else even doing this, let alone someone that is going to be posting here.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.