My Sam's Club MC (thru Synchrony Bank) cannot be set up

Options

My Sam's Club MC (thru Synchrony Bank) cannot be set up in Quicken. I can sign on directly to the web site but when I try to set up thru quicken it says that my credentials are not accepted by Synchrony. This has been happening for several months while it used to update.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @janseverson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Are you getting any specific error code? You mentioned the connection stopped working properly several months ago. Did you change your password with the financial institution? What is the web address you go to when logging into the financial institution's website directly?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jay Fish
    Jay Fish Member
    Options

I have the same problem with this and other cards held with Synchrony. My password on the Synchrony site is the same and hasn't changed. It worked with an old data file, but after having to reset and use a new one I can't add any of these accounts anymore (Amazon, Sweetwater, Lowes).

Specific error code is CC-503.

When logging into via the web, I use synchrony.com, but in Quicken it shows synchronybank.com for the URL.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Jay Fish,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To clarify, when you say reset and use a new one, you do mean you got a new password with your financial institution, correct? If that is the case, you may need to disconnect those accounts and then reconnect them with the updated password. Before doing that, its always a good idea to backup your file first. Then follow these steps:

1. Choose Tools > Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
    5. Click Yes again, if necessary, to confirm your choice.
    6. Repeat these steps to deactivate all accounts at this same bank.
    7. Return to the Online Services tab, and click Set up Now for each account you've deactivated.
    8. Enter the correct login ID and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Jay Fish
    Jay Fish Member
    Options

Hi Kristina,

When I say I "reset" I meant that I started over with a brand new Quicken data file. My password with Synchrony hasn't changed.

I tried again this morning and still get the CC-503 error that tells me that I mistyped my login. However, I can go directly to synchrony.com and use the login ID and password without a problem. It's not a problem with my institution or login information.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the clarification,

You mentioned you have no trouble logging in on the website. Do you use a password manager that automatically fills in the information, or do you type it in when you're logging in? If you normally use a password manager, would you mind manually typing it in to verify it works on the website?

Another thing to keep in mind is there are some special characters that sometimes don't work well with Quicken and might be triggering the error. Please do not put information about what is or isn't in your password here, but if your password contains the following characters, I would recommend changing it, at least temporarily, to see if a password without those characters works: <, >, \, /, and &.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Jay Fish
    Jay Fish Member
    Options

I do use a password manager, but it also works fine if I type it in manually. There aren't any special characters in my password, but I do have an underscore in my username. Quicken didn't have a problem with it before I reset my data file, but is that something that might be causing the error?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

An underscore in your username should not cause an error in Quicken. If you have any VPN, firewall, or antivirus active, you might want to try temporarily disabling it and then try connecting again. If the issue persists after that, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• joanellice
    joanellice Member
    Options

I'm new with Quicken and just adding my accounts; so far the only issue is not being able to add my accounts associated with Synchrony, Verizon, Techron and 76; it's the same issue as described above, I get the cc-503. Synchrony referred me to Quicken support, they said the throuble is not with them. I will contact Support during their business hours as you recommened to the the other user above; hopefully they will have a solution to the problem. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.