Date Row has disappeared.

Options
dsbrodie
dsbrodie Member

How do I retreve the date row which I must have inadvertently deleted?

Best Answer

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The check column is missing? To add or remove columns to the register
    Select "Account Actions"   

Select "Register Columns..."   

Or in newer versions you can click the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the account register to get a list of available columns. Click to put a checkmark in the missing column(s). (Also explore the new columns, added to your version of Quicken, if they might be helpful for your needs.)   

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• dsbrodie
    dsbrodie Member
    Options

Ned instgructions on how to open the date row which I evidently deleted

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @dsbrodie,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If I'm understanding correctly, you are not able to find the Date column on your register? Is this happening in all of your accounts?

It is possible to change the column width, so one thing to check for is if the column is just too narrow to be able to read it.

If that is what happened, you can widen the column again by hovering your mouse cursor over the line between columns until the cursor changes to double arrows (pointing left and right), at which point you can click and drag the line over to make the column wider again.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dsbrodie
    dsbrodie Member
    Options

It's not the Date column that's gone - it's the "Sort by Check" column that's gone. Clicking on the line between "Date" and "Payee" to get double arrow and dragging to the left makes Date colunm narrower, dragging to the right widens Date column and narrows Payee colunmn, but no "sort by check" column appears. I use Quicken for another account, and there's no problem there. It's the "Sort by Check" column that has disappeard.. Need it for my records and being able to prove agreement with the bank's statement.

• dsbrodie
    dsbrodie Member
    Options

See previous comment - Sort by Check column is gone, and can't be retrieved by clicking on line between Date and Payee. Dragging cursor left or right just widens one column and narrows the other. How do I get the Sort by Check back???

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The check column is missing? To add or remove columns to the register
    Select "Account Actions"   

Select "Register Columns..."   

Or in newer versions you can click the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the account register to get a list of available columns. Click to put a checkmark in the missing column(s). (Also explore the new columns, added to your version of Quicken, if they might be helpful for your needs.)   

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• dsbrodie
    dsbrodie Member
    Options

That did it!!! And brought back the check numbers as entered before. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.