Chase credit card wont link - shows as savings/checking

Options

I have 5 Chase accounts that have downloaded for many years. During the latest update, I had to relink the Chase accounts and one account - a credit card - is only showing an option to link to existing checking/savings accounts. I have tried multiple days, reset the accounts, relinked, etc. This is my main Chase account so it is really frustrating that it is not downloading. I can see the account named credit card, but the type is wrong.

[Removed-Personal Information]

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @lacey1979,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Are you able to hit the dropdown where it says Savings and change it to Credit Card, or does it not give you that option? Have you checked the account you need to link it to and verified that account doesn't already think its connected? To do that, you would go to Tools>Account List, look for that account name and check to see if it shows "Yes" in the transaction download column.

If the account does think its connected, you will first want to backup your file, then deactivate the account and try reconnecting that credit card again.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lacey1979
    lacey1979 Member
    Options

The account isn't already linked - the dropdown doesnt allow to change to credit card. I deactivated ALL my Chase accounts and reactivated and the option for this credit card is still only showing as a checking/savings.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

When you are trying to connect that account, what process are you using? Are you setting it up online through the account details window for that account, using Tools>Add Account to try to link it up, or following some other process?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• lacey1979
    lacey1979 Member
    Options

i have tried both through tools - add account and through the account itself - edit account - online service. It isn't that the account doesnt show up, the problem is that it is not the right type, so I can't link it or create it as a new account as it becomes like a checking/savings account. I have had this account for 5-6 years and never had any issues until the last month or so when the Chase issues started for everyone.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps. Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate. Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• lacey1979
    lacey1979 Member
    Options

No luck - still the same problem that a credit card account is tagged as a Savings/Checking, so I can't link it.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you look in Edit Account Details, General tab for this problem credit card, what is the Account Type?
    It should be Credit.
    If it's something else, you need to create a new Quicken account register, type credit card, transfer the balance and begin using it instead.

• lacey1979
    lacey1979 Member
    Options

It is a credit - and has downloaded for at least 3 years or more with no problem. When the Chase update happened for the new integration, the issues started.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

Since you mentioned this just started happening after the latest update, are you able to restore a backup from before the issue started and see if the issue happens in that restored file?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.