Two Step Verification Problem in Updates

Options

I have a Mediacom Cable account that has 2 factor sign in requirement. Quicken Premier is unable to access the account for bill auto-draw, indicating I need to provide the second step (phone code provision), but I can't provide the second step when in Quicken, or outside of it when updating accounts. Is there a way around this?

Thanks for the help…

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Richard Roberts,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When I'm checking on the server side, it shows that account is locked (probably due to the 2 step verification issue). Have you been able to log into the biller's website directly to make sure it is not locked and to verify that the contact information you have set up for the verification is current and correct? Also, could you go into more detail what exactly is happening (for instance, no code ever arrives, or code does arrive, but there's no place in input it)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Richard Roberts
    Richard Roberts Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Thanks for your response Q-Kristina,

When I am in the Bills and Income page, and I click on the "Fix It" dialog box, the message is: "Mediacom Cable requires a one-time verification code to link your accounts".

When I click on the new "fix it" box I get a Quicken sign-in page for my Mediacom Cable account. I enter my ID and Password, and I get a 2-factor identification code on my phone, but there is no place to enter the code on the Quicken screen….then that screen times out.

I am able to sign into my account on Mediacom directly, receiving my 2-factor code on my phone, without problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @Richard Roberts,

When did this issue start? Was there anything that happened just before it started, such as an update, power outage, power surge, unexpect program or computer shutdown, etc?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Richard Roberts
    Options

It started about 2 weeks ago. I believe I had received notification from Quicken that online billing changes were in process as well. Still is unresolved, however.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

To troubleshoot this issue, let's start with a Review and Repair. To do that, in your Bills and Income section, Bills tab, click the gear icon in the upper right, select Review and Repair, then select Review and Repair Online Billers.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Richard Roberts
    Options

I did the Review and Repair. Response was: One local bill missing from server has been unlinked: Mediacom Cable (this is the problem bill). Then a second notice: one out of use reminder removed.

This seemed to work, as the problem Mediacom bill did disappear from the list. But, when I updated the Bills, the problem bill returned. I checked the "Fix it" box, and was sent a "one time verification" code to my phone, but again no place to enter the code. I am back to the same position as before.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The next step would be running a Validate on your file. To do that, first, you will want to backup your file. After that, go to File>Validate and Repair File. Select Validate File and click the OK button. After the Validate completes, close the data log, close Quicken and leave it closed for at least 5 seconds. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate. To do a super validate, go to File. Hold down the CTRL & Shift keys and click on Validate and Repair File. Once the window with the validate options comes up, you can release the CTRL & Shift keys. Select Super Validate File and click the OK button. Close the data log. Close Quicken and leave it closed for at least 5 seconds. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Richard Roberts
    Options

Followed Validate and Repair instructions. Restarted Quicken, Mediacom billing still listed as a problem. Selected "Fix It", and sign in screen to Medicaom was shown. I signed in, and during "varification" I was sent a code for 2-factor sign in….but no place to enter the code. Then "Still connection to Mediacom Cable" appears just as before.

Performed "Super Validation" process, shut down/re-opened Quicken after 30 seconds. Then updated Quicken, got error message that Bills could not be updated. Medicaom Cable bill still in "Needs Attention",. Selected "Fix It", got screen saying Authentication in progress, and received code for 2-factor sign in, but no place to enter the code. Same thing with "Still connecting to Mediacom Cable". So no change.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the update,

Since the Validate and Super Validate did not correct the issue, the next step would be restoring a backup from before the issue started. In the newly restored file, you would want to verify if the issue is resolved or if its still happening.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Richard Roberts
    Options

Q Kristina,

I removed Mediacom from Online Billing, and deleted the bill reminder, and then re-installed the Mediacom Online Biller and still was thwarted in being able to enter the One-Time-Code for 2 factor protection. I have the bill set up as Auto-Pay on the Mediacom site, so I will simply use and Bill Reminder for the monthly billing, knowing that Mediacom will Auto-draw the payment as scheduled.

Disappointing that there is not a way to work around this issue.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.