Updating Quicken while on a Domain

Options
chyron8472
chyron8472 Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Reports (Windows)

Hi. I'm the IT guy for my employer. The owner has Quicken installed on his office workstation, which he uses for his personal finances. However, because he doesn't have Admin rights (I do), he has to ask me to update Quicken for him routinely.

I am trying to determine a way to either automatically update Quicken, or else to allow him to update it manually by himself without giving his profile Admin rights.

Is there a way to accomplish this? I read a previous discussion someone posted aboput about this but they were never provided with an answer.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you talking about updating the Q program? Or the data? The latter shouldn't require ADMIN.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Can you give his account write access to all the directories Quicken needs to do an update?

• \Program Files (x86)\Quicken
    • \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Quicken
    • %APPDATA%\Quicken
    • %PROGRAMDATA%\Quicken

And all subdirectories of those. There may be others, I haven't done real research to come up with a complete list. Perhaps if you try it, you'll get an informative error message if this list is incomplete.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken updates, are basically regular installs and as such require admin rights to install. And as far as I know there isn't any silient install options for them.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.