1 of my 3 checking accounts will not update on my tablet Mobile App ?

Options
RMiller
RMiller Member
edited April 2023 in Using the Mobile App

2 of my checking accounts work fine but the 3rd on says it is updating and just sets there with the little circle going round and round. I have cleared the cache. Not sure what else to try.

Best Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @RMiller,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

To clarify, one of your accounts will not update on your mobile application but is still updating correctly on your desktop application?

Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall the Quicken Mobile application?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just to clarify -
    Are you using the Quicken Mobile App - Android or IOS ?

or are you using your tablet broswer and the Quicken on the Web website ?

as this comment - . I have cleared the cache. - confused us if using the Mobile App -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @RMiller,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

To clarify, one of your accounts will not update on your mobile application but is still updating correctly on your desktop application?

Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall the Quicken Mobile application?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just to clarify -
    Are you using the Quicken Mobile App - Android or IOS ?

or are you using your tablet broswer and the Quicken on the Web website ?

as this comment - . I have cleared the cache. - confused us if using the Mobile App -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• RMiller
    RMiller Member
    Options

I have not uninstalled and reinstalled the Quicken Mobile application. It was working and then the largest checking account stopped updating. The other two checking accounts work fine. I am using the Android version of the app on my Samsung Tab A7 Lite. I have 32 GB of internal storage memory, a 500 GB SD card and 4 GB of RAM.

I have Quicken installed on my computer and want to sync back and forth so that when I am on the road I can keep things up to date.

Thank you for any help that you can give me.

• RMiller
    RMiller Member
    Options

UPDATE: I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Quicken Mobile application. The 2 smaller checking accounts synced immediately. The larger one is saying it is updating but it has been saying that for 10 minutes…🙄

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

it would be interesting to see how things work on the desktop for that larger account

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• RMiller
    RMiller Member
    Options

I may be using the wrong verbage. I enter banking entries on the computer. I sync to the cloud. Then I go to my tablet and sync to pick up the newest entries so that I am aware of all bank balances and transactions while I am away from the house. Everything works fine on the computer but when I try to sync the tablet so that I have the current balances the largest account just says updating in the recent transactions box and never does anything…

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @RMiller,

Thank you for providing more information.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.

1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    7. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    8. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    9. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    10. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    11. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)

Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• RMiller
    RMiller Member
    Options

Okay, I will try this soon. At work right now! Thank you!

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @RMiller,

Sounds good!

Please let us know how this goes once you have the time!

-Quicken Jasmine

• RMiller
    RMiller Member
    Options

Quicken Jasmine,

Could I just delete the tablet version and then redownload it? Not that I know how to delete a version off the tablet. LOL!

This discussion has been closed.