Can Quicken download “detail” data from credit card transactions?

Options

Can Quicken download sub “detail” data from banking transactions? What do I mean? Currently, Quicken downloads the summed amount of a transaction at a store, I.e. a dozen items at Target totaling $100 so that's what's downloaded.

I'm asking if Quicken can download the amounts of individual items purchased as well as the total. This would eliminate the need to manually split transactions.

This data is collected as part of any credit card or bank card transaction as it's available during any fraud investigation. Can Quicken download it?

Thanks

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

The short answer is No. Doing so, would require the business to provide the detail information to the financial insittution for them to be able to pass it on to Quicken. The closest I have seen that with my credit cards is with my BJs branded CC and they only show the major areas like meat, dairy, snacks & cleaning supplies and there is no breakdown as to the amount for each area.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

What do I mean? Currently, Quicken downloads the summed amount of a
    transaction at a store, I.e. a dozen items at Target totaling $100 so
    that's what's downloaded.

NO - the bank or CC company never sees this "detail" from the retailer -
    It's not the "summed amount" - It's just the swiped transaction total payment on the screen -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jtoleary - I believe you are thinking of the itemization that often (not always) shows up on the credit card transaction receipts showing what was purchased. That itemized information, however, is not transmitted to the credit card company. This is why it is so important to save the receipts for tax deductions, for product warranties, etc., because while credit card transactions can provide proof that you paid for someone for something they can provide proof of what it was that you paid for.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

This discussion has been closed.