Issues with USAA Accounts - Line of Credit, Checking, Credit Card

Options
USAA Line of credit – About mid-March 2023, without any input from me, Quicken marked in the register this loan is paid in full. At the same time to the left of the register, in the account list, a balance of -$23K is reflected. My February 2023 USAA statement shows a -$23K balance. (I owe $23K – the loan is not paid off). And if that wasn't enough, ALL transactions have vanished from the register.

USAA Checking – On March 29 I validated my data file with no significant issues. I went to bed with a positive $1K balance. On March 30, 2023, first thing in the morning after updating my accounts which indicated no new transactions other than a $3.5K deposit, Quicken reflects my balance at -$1K. Online USAA reflects my correct balance as $4.5K.

USAA Credit Card – download, and reconciliation are unreliable. After an account update, the summary report often reflects no new transactions—when I review the account I see new transactions awaiting clearance.

In short, all of the above constitutes a hot mess.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @rodmar1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. With the line of Credit Account, did all the transactions disappear, or did you end up with a duplicate account that see the correct balance, but thinks its paid in full? In the checking account, you mentioned one transaction came in, but the balance was off significantly. Did any other transactions appear? Did the opening balance on the account change? If not, how far back did the balance showing incorrectly go? To clarify, on the credit card, when you say you see new transactions awaiting clearance when you review the account, do you mean you see that in Quicken or you see that in your USAA account?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rodmar1
    rodmar1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Regarding the line of credit, there wasn't a duplicate account created. After this happened, I reauthorized the USAA accounts. That went smoothly, but the line of credit register remains the same. "This loan is paid off", while the account list shows a balance of $23K.

As for the checking, I made a balance adjustment. While it doesn't address "why" after an update this morning the account appears stable. I will need to load an archived file to see if there is a variance in the opening balance. That will take a while so I will need to get back to you on that.

For the credit card, I was referring to the Quicken register in the section where downloaded transactions are queued awaiting my review and acceptance. I appreciate your contacting me.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

If you have a backup from before the issue started, I would recommend restoring from that backup. After restoring the backup, you would want to Validate and Super Validate that newly restored file. To do that, follow these steps:

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Proceed to Super Validate

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 seconds)
    7. Reopen Quicken

Once you have done that, test to see if the unexpected behavior from your USAA accounts persists.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rodmar1
    rodmar1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your follow-up
This discussion has been closed.