Chase CC suddenly require authorization which does not work

Options
My chase credit cards, not the checking which is good, suddenly asks to be authorized. They have been authorized with the new system for a while. I follow the instructions for to correct, it goes through the paces (contact Chase...) and NOTHING happens. Did it 3 times.

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @W G Harbuck,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Just to clarify what is and/or isn't happening so I can better assist, when you try to run One Step Update, you are getting a screen saying you have Chase accounts to reauthorize. It would look similar to the sample image below, except that it would be Chase instead of Bank of America.

When you look at the account names it lists below the Financial Institution, are those your current Chase credit card accounts, or are those inactive/closed accounts? If they are inactive/closed, then I'd recommend you backup your file and deactivate those accounts.

If it is listing the current Chase credit card accounts that you are connecting in your Quicken, then hit the Reauthorize button and follow the prompts. When you get to the point where it wants you to go through Chase's website, is a browser window coming up and asking you to login/go through authorization with Chase? If not, what is happening? What browser are you using?

If you are able to go through the authorization on Chase's site, are you getting the Success screen after? Is Quicken able to pull up the Add/Link screen (sample image below)?

If you are not seeing the Add/Link screen, are you getting a different message? If so, what message? If you are getting the Add/Link screen, what is happening? Are you seeing only "Don't add to Quicken" with no option to change it?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @W G Harbuck,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Just to clarify what is and/or isn't happening so I can better assist, when you try to run One Step Update, you are getting a screen saying you have Chase accounts to reauthorize. It would look similar to the sample image below, except that it would be Chase instead of Bank of America.

When you look at the account names it lists below the Financial Institution, are those your current Chase credit card accounts, or are those inactive/closed accounts? If they are inactive/closed, then I'd recommend you backup your file and deactivate those accounts.

If it is listing the current Chase credit card accounts that you are connecting in your Quicken, then hit the Reauthorize button and follow the prompts. When you get to the point where it wants you to go through Chase's website, is a browser window coming up and asking you to login/go through authorization with Chase? If not, what is happening? What browser are you using?

If you are able to go through the authorization on Chase's site, are you getting the Success screen after? Is Quicken able to pull up the Add/Link screen (sample image below)?

If you are not seeing the Add/Link screen, are you getting a different message? If so, what message? If you are getting the Add/Link screen, what is happening? Are you seeing only "Don't add to Quicken" with no option to change it?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• W G Harbuck
    W G Harbuck Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the response. So what happened was all 3 chase cards had the no symbol (attached). I would click on that and go through the process but it did not allow me to choose link or add and when I hit next nothing happened. What I did was just reauthorize one of the accounts and they all resolved. It always happens that the next thing I do works after leaving a question on the forum. It may be that the option to click through on the no symbol should be removed. That is what tripped me up.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear its working now.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• jchambers
    jchambers Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

[Removed- Violation of Community Guidelines]

This discussion has been closed.