Fidelity Account Display Changed - Simple vs Complete Investing

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Account order won't change.

Comments

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭

Quicken Kristina

I have another problem that maybe you can help with.

When I open a fidelity account in Quicken, I get a page that has a list of holdings, pie chart, bar graph, but my history is gone. It used to show the transactions, now it only shows shares added. Several recent dividend reinvestments just show the new share balance, no information on the dividend. Also, I nolonger get to review and accept the transaction. I update the accounts, the shares are added, I briefly see a flag that indicates a transaction but then it disappears.

• Hello @Tony Luers,

I split this off from the original thread since the issue is significantly different. The first thing to check on that account is if it is showing Simple tracking or Complete tracking. To do that, in your Quicken, go to Tools>Account List. Click the Edit button next to the account. There is a Tracking Method section. If you see Simple is selected, change it to Complete.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Quicken Kristina

Hi Kristina,

You are correct. Back with the NetBenefits issue, I had deleted and tried adding the accounts. When I figured out how to get where I needed to be, all the tracking was for simple instead of complete for every Fidelity account, but ironic that the NetBenefits were complete. Changed all to complete, so it's back to normal.

One of the difficult things for some of us (me) is trying to navigate Quicken to fix things. I wish it was simpler.

Thank you for the help.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In addition to the individual account settings -
    you can disable the "Simple Investing" for all accounts via the … Edit —> Preferences —> Investments —>

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Thank you for the update @Tony Luers,

I'm glad its back to normal for you now. To prevent it from happening in the future, you can take a look at Ps56k2's post (right above this one) to see how to change your preferences for all accounts.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.