dual credit card account for one bank

Options

I have set a credit card account to download. Somehow a second account for the same bank was created with a different name called customized cash rewards visa. Transactions are now being downloaded to that new account. I would rather they would go to the old account. I tried to deactivate the new account and reconnect to the old one, but that failed and the new transactions were downloaded to the new account. Is there a fix for that?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @mikehz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Before you begin any troubleshooting attempts, we first advise saving a backup (just in case).

Then, I suggest that you please deactivate the new account that was created and then delete it. Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, right-click the new account name and select Edit/Delete account and click Delete Account on the bottom left. Follow the prompts to complete the deletion of the account.

Once it has been deleted, attempt to reconnect the original account through Add Account, by navigating to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name, and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account has been found, be sure to link it to the existing ("old") account you have already set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.