Is my data stored in the cloud?

Options
A couple of days ago, I disabled Sync for Mobile and Web. But when I log into app.quicken.com, I still see data for a lot of my accounts. Most of them are old credit card accounts that I have closed in Quicken. How are they ending up in the Quicken cloud? More concerning is that all my Schwab bank and investment accounts show up, and they have recent transactions that took place after I disabled Sync. How is that possible?

My end goal is that if my Quicken account gets compromised, whether by someone hacking into Quicken servers or by someone stealing my Quicken credentials (yes, both very unlikely, but let me be paranoid for a moment :-) ), they should not be able to see any of my data online. I thought by disabling Sync I had done that, but apparently not

Thank you,

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Reza Taheri,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. It sounds like you had cloud sync turned on in the past and ended up with multiple cloud accounts. If you are wanting to remove that information, in your Quicken for Mac, go to Quicken>Preferences>Connected Services. (Some people see Settings instead of Preferences) Click on the button that says See All Cloud Accounts.

It will open a window that shows all your cloud accounts. To remove those accounts, click to select one, then click the - in the lower left to delete it.

It will bring up a confirmation window, click the Delete Cloud Account button, and it will be deleted. Note: Since some cloud functionality is necessary, Quicken might not let you delete the cloud account attached to the file you are currently using. If that file was previously synced to the cloud and you can still see data for that account via Quicken on the Web or the Mobile app, then you would want to click on the Mobile, Web, & Alerts tab (right next to Connected Services) and verify Sync is off. You may need to log out of the app and back in again before it recognizes the change.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Reza Taheri,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. It sounds like you had cloud sync turned on in the past and ended up with multiple cloud accounts. If you are wanting to remove that information, in your Quicken for Mac, go to Quicken>Preferences>Connected Services. (Some people see Settings instead of Preferences) Click on the button that says See All Cloud Accounts.

It will open a window that shows all your cloud accounts. To remove those accounts, click to select one, then click the - in the lower left to delete it.

It will bring up a confirmation window, click the Delete Cloud Account button, and it will be deleted. Note: Since some cloud functionality is necessary, Quicken might not let you delete the cloud account attached to the file you are currently using. If that file was previously synced to the cloud and you can still see data for that account via Quicken on the Web or the Mobile app, then you would want to click on the Mobile, Web, & Alerts tab (right next to Connected Services) and verify Sync is off. You may need to log out of the app and back in again before it recognizes the change.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Reza Taheri
    Reza Taheri Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, for the answer @Quicken Kristina. I went ahead and deleted the accounts. I also clicked on the Accounts tab on the web access, and deleted all the accounts.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach back out.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.