Attachments not syncing to the cloud

Options
Len57
Len57 Member ✭✭
I recently started using attachments more frequently. I just enabled syncing to the cloud on a file that has quite a few attachments (probably 80% of the transactions have 1 or more attachments). None of the attachments are syncing to the cloud. Is there a setting somewhere to enable/disable this functionality?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Len57,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. What kind of attachments are these? Are the attachments associated with accounts you have selected to sync?

To check what accounts you have sync enabled for, in your Quicken, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. There is a blue link that will say how many eligible accounts are enabled. You can click on that link to see the full list and select/unselect accounts as desired.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Len57
    Len57 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @Quicken Kristina This particular file has only 1 account, a checking account. The transactions themselves all are syncing with full details, but the attachments aren't there. One transaction has a spreadsheet attached, but the rest are either images or PDFs.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you have more than one Quicken file, you may want to check to make sure you are viewing the correct file on the app. You can use this link for directions on switching between files.

If it is the correct file, then the next thing to try is resetting the cloud. To do that, follow these steps:

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit Preferences Mobile & Web.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Step 2: After resetting your cloud data 

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon  in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID.

After you've done that, check to see if the attachments are now syncing properly.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Len57
    Len57 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Kristina I reset the cloud data as you suggested and still no attachments are making it to the cloud. Just to be clear, it's the web app that is missing the attachments. I'm not using the mobile app on a phone or tablet. My browser was closed when I did the reset/resync so I'm not looking at a stale copy of the file on the web.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

Since, unfortunately, the previous steps have not resolved the issue, the next step is manually resetting your cloud data by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would resync your main data file, which should create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

First, please save a backup. Then, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, and review the section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down and review the section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and clicking on the blue Get Started button, and then the blue Sync Now button and see whether or not the errors you were receiving persist. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.