Incorrect Investment Names on Accounts [Edited]

kweiss00
kweiss00 Member ✭✭
I have three investment accounts which display correctly in Windows Quicken. On both my Android Mobile and Apple Mobile, I have three accounts with the correct amounts however the names on two of the accounts are reversed.

I have tried all the "fixes" but no luck. I suspect this is a Quicken problem and not a corrupted data file.

Comments

• Hello @kweiss00,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Since you mentioned this is happening on multiple mobile devices, that would indicate that either you're looking at an incorrect file on those devices or that the cloud needs to be reset. This link shows how to see what file you're viewing and change if necessary. To reset the cloud, follow these steps:

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit Preferences Mobile & Web.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Step 2: After resetting your cloud data 

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon  in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kweiss00
    kweiss00 Member ✭✭
    I have completed these steps twice and the situation remains the same.
  • Thank you for your reply,

Since the previous steps have failed so far, I suggest you try manually resetting your cloud data by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

First, please proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, and review the section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down and review the section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and clicking on the blue Get Started button, and then the blue Sync Now button and see whether or not the errors you were receiving persist. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• kweiss00
    kweiss00 Member ✭✭
    Thanks...That fixed it.
  • Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear that corrected the issue.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.