25 Trillion Paycheck Problem...

Options
MeWa
MeWa Member ✭✭

See attached screenshot. After over a decade of entering the same recurring paycheck, the math is awry. I'm not sure why I have 25 trillion in negative after-tax deductions, even though the numbers in that section are a few hunded.

Here's what I've tried:

1. Delete the erroneous transaction and create a new one-off manual one; now the error appears on a different instance of the original, recurring paycheck deposit.
  2. Stop the old scheduled paycheck and start a new one from scratch
  3. Change the "automatically enter" setting for the paycheck to manual, and confirm numbers each time
  4. Validate quicken file

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @MeWa,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. You mentioned that Validate didn't correct the issue. Did you run a Super Validate? If you haven't, you can follow these steps:

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists after the Super Validate, the next step would be to restore a backup from before the issue started, if possible.

You would also want to make sure that your Quicken file is on your C drive rather than a shared network drive/cloud service.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• deemun
    deemun Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic/Unhelpful]

This discussion has been closed.