Error OL-362 - Vanguard

Options
ilyaz
ilyaz Member ✭✭

After a recent Quicken update, I'm getting this error OL-362 when downloading from Vanguard. Quicken suggests deactivating and then Activating the accounts. But, Quicken warns, "Quicken will not deactivate online services if you have not accepted all downloaded transactions". This is a "catch-22" situation! I have downloaded the transactions which I cannot accept but I must accept them before I can correct the problem... Is there a reasonable solution to this problem? How to deactivate/activate an account without accepting downloaded transactions?

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @ilyaz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If I'm understanding correctly, Quicken will not let you deactivate the account because it thinks you have transactions that need to be accepted, but there are no transactions to accept? If that is the case, the first step to troubleshoot the issue is to turn Automatic Entry Off (or on if you already have it off). To do that, follow these steps:

1. Press Ctrl+A on the keyboard to bring up the Account List, then click the Edit button next to the affected account in the list.  
    2. In the Account Details window, click on the Online Services tab then click Automatic entry is
    3. Select No on the next dialog box (or if you're turning automatic entry on, select yes) and click OK
    4. . Automatic entry should show as "Off" now (unless you turned it on, in which case it will show as "On").
    5. Click OK to close the Account Details window, then click Done on the Account List.
    6. Close Quicken, wait a few seconds, then re-open it. The transactions should appear upon re-opening Quicken.

If the transactions do not appear after following those steps, please let me know so we can troubleshoot further.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @ilyaz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If I'm understanding correctly, Quicken will not let you deactivate the account because it thinks you have transactions that need to be accepted, but there are no transactions to accept? If that is the case, the first step to troubleshoot the issue is to turn Automatic Entry Off (or on if you already have it off). To do that, follow these steps:

1. Press Ctrl+A on the keyboard to bring up the Account List, then click the Edit button next to the affected account in the list.  
    2. In the Account Details window, click on the Online Services tab then click Automatic entry is
    3. Select No on the next dialog box (or if you're turning automatic entry on, select yes) and click OK
    4. . Automatic entry should show as "Off" now (unless you turned it on, in which case it will show as "On").
    5. Click OK to close the Account Details window, then click Done on the Account List.
    6. Close Quicken, wait a few seconds, then re-open it. The transactions should appear upon re-opening Quicken.

If the transactions do not appear after following those steps, please let me know so we can troubleshoot further.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• ilyaz
    ilyaz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions! Yes, this is the right way to solve the problem. I solved it already with the help of the Quicken Agent on the phone...
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear its working now.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.