One Step Update Freezing, and/or taking forever / Ends in CC-501 [Edited]

Options
2»

Answers

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not so fast @yoda7th . Still broken for me with two Chase accounts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Mark 23, @pfs, and @gdesmar1,

There was an issue earlier this afternoon, but that issue has been marked as resolved. If you haven't tried again recently, please do so and see if the issue persists.

Since there is already a discussion about this issue, I am merging this into the existing discussion.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Chase just started working again for me. Thanks folks.

• Meatsauce
    Meatsauce Member
    Options

Is there any kind of ETA on the fix

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Meatsauce,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. The issue was marked as resolved late afternoon yesterday. Are you still encountering issues? If so, would you please give more details about what issues you are encountering?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Mark D Bell
    Mark D Bell Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have fixed my Capital One authentication, download, and other issues, and, believe it or not, I have not had any trouble since.
    (1) I went through the Ctr-Shift Copy file and the Ctr-Shift validate and repair, and had issues that I corrected. I still was having problems with the Capital One account.
    (2) I went to "Edit account details" and realized that the bank assigned to Capital One was not Capital One but my Schwab Account (with which I was also having problems).
    (3) I deactivated my Capital One account from Online Services. I removed my Schwab account, which was assigned to my Capital One account as the financial Institution, and set it up for downloads again.
    (4) I was able to download transactions since then without any problems.
    Note: On other accounts that I was having transaction download problems even after removing the wrong Financial Institute from the account and reestablishing Online Services, I would add an account to Quicken, which initially require authentication from the bank (e.g., Capital One, Schwab, etc.). When my accounts appeared on the financial institution website, I would link them to the correct account, and the correct financial institution would be listed in the "Edit account details" page.
  • Meatsauce
    Meatsauce Member
    Options

I'm having same issue. Go to one step update and grey screen won't go away. It happens also when I try and sync with cloud. I reinstalled Quicken as well today.

• Stripedbass411
    Stripedbass411 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @Quicken Kristina -

The Quicken CC-501 problem with American Express from April 3, 2023 is still not resolved (see attached "CC-501.JPG").

The Community Alert should be reopened --> at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7932770/new-4-3-23-indefinite-loading-freezing-during-osu-and-error-501-101-if-it-finishes/p1?new=1
  • Stripedbass411
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @Quicken Kristina -

As of April 6, 2023 I still have the CC-501 and CC-601 errors which started up on April 3. After calling Quicken support just now I found out these errors were being generated by both a problem on the internal Quicken servers on that day along with residual problems that the errors caused on the account registrations in Quicken for Windows. The only way to overcome the errors is by the following steps as per Quicken support. I have confirmed the steps worked for me...

1) For each American Express account deactivate the online setup.
    2) For each American Express account reactivate the online setup.
  • Stripedbass411
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Quicken Kristina – What can be done about escalating this problem to the proper management channels at Quicken development? The “fix” from the Quicken technical support team lasted less than 24 hours and the problem once again surfaced this morning – (see “ErrorsOnceAgain.JPG”). [Removed - Speculation] Everyone who has endured the American Express problems these last few months, along with these new CC-501 CC-601 errors, deserves better than what we were given.

Does anyone on the community have any means to propagate the seriousness of this problem to Quicken management. Level 1 support is not working.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Stripedbass411,

Thank you for reaching out, though I'm sorry to hear the issues returned. Based on your earlier post, our tech support would not have escalated the issue because it looked like the problem was resolved.

Please check your Inbox; I sent you a message.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• vital411
    vital411 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been having this issue since early in April. OSU worked for a few days and yesterday (4/10) it stopped working - it just runs forever and then crashes.
    Is this still a server issue or is there something going on with my PC?
  • tomhonkelly1236
    tomhonkelly1236 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been having this problem as well. One Step freezes, just clocks. I have back-up and reinstalled the program to no avail.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @tomhonkelly1236,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. The issue was marked as resolved. If you're still having trouble with One Step freezing, you would want to troubleshoot. When did the issue start happening? Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive? Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit. It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Jto11
    Jto11 Member
    Options

Windows 10, Quicken Premier (updated)
    Hello, I’m having this issue as well. It just started a few days ago with the most recent update. So far I have done the following:

* Logged out of my account and back in.
    * Tried a backup file.
    * Reinstalled Quicken.
    * Performed a Validate.
    * Performed a Super Validate.

I have this issue regardless of one-click update of all accounts, or trying just a single account update.

• Jto11
    Jto11 Member
    Options

I've also confirmed that the data file is not is a shared location, nor is it being synced with any cloud service.

This discussion has been closed.