One Step Update - not downloading new/existing transactions

Options

I have 3 invesatment accounts at Morgan Stanely Wealth Management. Since Feb 28, 2023, when Quicken accesses the accounts, Quicken indicates that all three accounts have been updated successfully. However, in each account, there is not new transaction information downloaded for any of the 3 accounts. When I log onto the bank separately from Quicken and review all three accounts, there are hundreds of transactions since Feb 28, 2023. Prior to Feb 28, 2023, Quicken was downloading all transactions successfully. With no error code being issued by Quicken during the download process, I am at a loss as to where to begin investigating?

Thank you.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Brian R Beebe,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize for the delay in response.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Morgan Stanley? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Brian R Beebe
    Brian R Beebe Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for responding. Direct is the connection method. Also, this listing lists all three Morgan Stanely accounts as last downloaded on 4/20/2023. However, all three accounts still list the last transaction for each account as occuring on 2/28/2023 (i.e. no new transactions are downloaded). I can go into my Morgan stanely account and see all the transactions that have occurred since 2/28/2023 are accurately within the account (and there are a LOT of transactions as these are investment accounts). Note below in the process steps what is listed in the final Quicken Download Process that was performed today (stating the same thing as the last several weeks):

The process steps that occur are as follows:

1) Select One Step Update menu selection bar and then choose one of the Morgan Stanely Investment Accounts.

2) Enter in VAULT Password and select Update Now.

3) Quicken performs the connection with Morgan Stanley and ends with the following:

A) A statement that the One Step Update Completed Successfully.

B) Lists that 3 Morgan Stanley accounts were Updated Successfully (showing that all 3 accounts were contacted).

C) Indicates that 2 transactions were downloaded (it always states, every time sonce Feb 28, that 2 transactions were downloaded).

D) A review of each of the three accounts shows NO NEW transactions.

I greatly appreciate your help. I have been using Quicken for a long time and this is the first time that I have a problem of this nature.

• Brian R Beebe
    Brian R Beebe Member ✭✭
    Options

This is my second posting of a response to your help. If this is a repeat, I apologize (and this is summarized, my foirst repsonse was more detailed, but I am wondering if you actually got it as I cannot see it listed within the posting itself).

Thank you for the help. My connection is Direct Connect. I attempt to use to quicken to download a couple of times a week. FOr my 3 Morgan Stanely accounts, Quicken connects, then concludes successfully, indicates all 3 accounts were accessed, and that 2 downloads have occurred (this is the same exact comment every time since Feb 28). In all three accounts, there has been a lot of activity since Feb 28 (confirmed when I log into Morgan Stanely myself outside of Quicken and review the accounts). In Quicken, I can never find the "2 downloaded transactions" in any of the 3 accounts.

Again, thank you for your help.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Brian R Beebe,

Thank you for providing more information.

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with transactions not downloading. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    2. Select New Quicken File.
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 
      Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile.
    7. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.