My bank no longer offers Direct Connect - need to download QFX file

Options
bf253
bf253 Member ✭✭

Using Quicken Delux for Windows

My bank has a new web site that no longer supports "Direct Connect".

I am now forced to download a QFX file (feels like I went back 15 years to the old way) from my bank site and load it into my Quicken Account.

I have the QFX file downloaded to my computer.

I don't remember how to upload the file into my Quicken account.

Can someone provide the step by step instructions for doing this? Thanks

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

If I may chime in here …

It would have been good customer support by the bank if they had given you instructions about how to do that before they made the change.

Please do this:
    Deactivate all accounts with this bank using the same bank logon ID, including any old, long closed,
    hidden and forgotten accounts that might still be activated. If you miss one, the aggregation server involved in handling Express Web Connect - connected accounts will not start with a clean slate and you will continue to have problems.

When done deactivating, restart Quicken and reactivate accounts: Go to Tools / Add Account to reactivate the accounts. As you go thru the setup process, Quicken will identify all accounts it can download. You should now see a list of all accounts found at your bank that you can activate.
    If you are activating an existing account, make sure the dropdown button for that account says LINK.
    If it says ADD, change it to LINK and select the correct Quicken account.
    If it already says LINK, click the button and select the correct existing account register from a dropdown.
    If you do not do this, then the account will be added as a new account instead of being linked to the existing account register.

Repeat this step for each account listed.
    Change ADD to IGNORE for any account on the list that you do not want to activate at this time. You can always come back and activate more accounts later.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @bf253,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this question.

I have located two Support Articles that discuss QFX files and how to import files into Quicken. You may view these FAQS by clicking here and here. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

I hope these help!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what bank ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• bf253
    bf253 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Liberty Bank in Connecticut
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So… is this the name you selected -

as listed - it does support your Web Connect for QFX file downloading,
    it also supports the One Step Update online downloading via Express Web Connect

69889 69889 69889 Liberty Bank - CT
    https://www.liberty-bank.com/ 8885700773
    https://secure-digitalbanking.liberty-bank.com/registration ACTIVE
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• bf253
    bf253 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Ps56k2
    This is the information I was looking for. Why the bank tech support does not supply this information I have no idea.
    So my next question would be how to set up my Quicken Deluxe for Express Web Connect.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

If I may chime in here …

It would have been good customer support by the bank if they had given you instructions about how to do that before they made the change.

Please do this:
    Deactivate all accounts with this bank using the same bank logon ID, including any old, long closed,
    hidden and forgotten accounts that might still be activated. If you miss one, the aggregation server involved in handling Express Web Connect - connected accounts will not start with a clean slate and you will continue to have problems.

When done deactivating, restart Quicken and reactivate accounts: Go to Tools / Add Account to reactivate the accounts. As you go thru the setup process, Quicken will identify all accounts it can download. You should now see a list of all accounts found at your bank that you can activate.
    If you are activating an existing account, make sure the dropdown button for that account says LINK.
    If it says ADD, change it to LINK and select the correct Quicken account.
    If it already says LINK, click the button and select the correct existing account register from a dropdown.
    If you do not do this, then the account will be added as a new account instead of being linked to the existing account register.

Repeat this step for each account listed.
    Change ADD to IGNORE for any account on the list that you do not want to activate at this time. You can always come back and activate more accounts later.

• bf253
    bf253 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks UKR That worked perfectly!
This discussion has been closed.