Can anyone tell me about the Amex change to EWC+

Options
Woodbender
Woodbender Member ✭✭

Can anyone tell me when I would be getting the notice to update my American Express connection which was supposed to have stopped supporting on 3-30-2023 and change to EWC+ connection supported by American Express. I still am using the Direct Connect method and we are beyond that date.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Woodbender,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this question.

Since you were not prompted to migrate your accounts, I suggest deactivating and reactivating your American Express account(s). However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.

1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists

After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.

1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Navigate to Accounts > Add Account...
    5. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution, and click Continue
    6. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    7. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Woodbender
    Woodbender Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have two accounts at Amex, one is a credit card the other is American Express Bank. The update worked great for the credit card but the American Express Bank did not show up. When I try to connect the bank account the credit card only shows up. Any suggestions?
  • Woodbender
    Woodbender Member ✭✭
    Options
    After running updates, and after it seems to be updating both my American Express credit card and American Express bank which I finally got to have it update, I get this error for Third Party Verification:

This connection failed, and will not update:

American Express(xxxxxx) - Error CP_ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND (NO_ACCOUNTS_REFRESHED - )

To retry the failed connection, you'll need to start a new update.

Any ideas what causes this?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello @Woodbender,

Thank you for providing more information.

What type of account(s) are not connecting correctly (checking, savings, etc.)?

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Woodbender
    Woodbender Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jasmine,

Here is a screenshot of the affected account, which by the login error error I get is the credit card account and not the savings account.

Funny though, the account itself does update regardless of the error.

Thank you,
    Paul Girard
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Woodbender,

Thank you for providing more information.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Woodbender
    Woodbender Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your attention, much appreciated. I will report the issue tomorrow whe I can get back to my computer. Thanks again, Paul
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Woodbender,

You are very welcome.

Please let us know once you have submitted the log files!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Woodbender
    Woodbender Member ✭✭
    Options
    I submitted them this morning if I did it right! Thanks again!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Woodbender,

Thanks for letting us know, we are currently investigating this error message further!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Woodbender,

After further investigation, the internal error that you are receiving is a 185 error. Would you mind following the troubleshooting steps located in this FAQ? It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

Please let us know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.