Quicken Check Pay date

Options
I recently issued a Check Pay to pay a biller in the near future. After a couple days of issuing the check, I wanted to make sure that the date I used for delivery was before the bill's due date. When looking at Quicken's check register, it show the date I issued the check and not when it should be delivered. Looking at the Status, it shows "Printed and delivered to US Mail". Doesn't display when it will be delivered. Is there a way to display the date to be delivered and not the date Quicken used?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @MagicPinball,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Quicken usually does automatically change the status to an estimated delivery date after showing it was printed and delivered to US Mail. There is no tracking number or delivery confirmation, so the estimated date is just an estimated date. Depending on location, the general delivery timeframes are 3-5 business days. That timeframe isn't guaranteed; its a general estimate.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MagicPinball
    MagicPinball Member ✭✭
    Options
    I understand the estimated delivery of a paper check. As an example, what I am trying do is: if on April 3 I issue a check to be paid by April 10, I would like to see April 10 in the check register and not the April 3 date. Not concerned on the actual date being cashed, knowing that April 10 is the earliest date.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

You're referring to the date column in the payment account register for that transaction? You could put the estimated delivery date in the Memo field for the transaction, if that helps. (eg: EDD 4/10/23).

Quicken doesn't have an option to automatically put the estimated delivery date in the date column; it uses the date the payment was submitted and once the cleared transaction downloads from the financial institution and matches in Quicken, it should reflect the actual date cleared.

That said, if the ability to use estimated delivery date is a feature you want added to Quicken in the future, you can post the suggestion in the Product Ideas section of the Community. It doesn't guarantee that the feature will be included, but if enough people vote on it, then the developers will consider adding it. This link will take you there.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.