After bank password change, update appears to work but no transactions downloaded
I had to change my password on my bank's website, which meant I had to change my password in Quicken. Now when I do the one step update, it comes back with no error message, but no transactions are downloaded.
It says that the password stored is not required (see attachment)
I would be willing to delete existing connection information completely but am unable to find where to do that, and I am unwilling to to delete the account since it is my primary checking account and has thousands of transactions in it.
Bank: Citizens Bank.
[Removed - Personal Information]
Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
Hello @Patrick Coburn,
Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue. I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Based on your description of the issue, I am assuming you can log into the financial institution website without issue and its just Quicken that is not properly connecting/downloading. To correct this issue, follow these steps:
- Backup your Quicken file.
- Choose Tools>Account List.
- Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login information for.
- In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
- Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
- Click Yes again, if necessary, to confirm your choice.
- Repeat these steps to deactivate all accounts at this same bank.
- Return to the Online Services tab, and click Set up Now for each account you've deactivated.
- Enter the correct login ID and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account.
- When you get to the Add/Link screen, make sure the action is showing Link to Existing and it sees the correct name in Quicken to be linking/downloading into.