I am so old that . . .

donhens
donhens Member ✭✭

I joined Quicken when it first came out.

My ID was only 7 characters long (and was not an email)

My password was only 8 characters and I used all numbers (no Cap and small letters)

The email address I gave - so long ago - has gone out of business. (I can't receive info)

I have been trying for years to get in touch with a "real person" that can help (no luck)

Anyone know how someone in tech support can help me change my ID, update my Password and provide a working email?

You are my last hope (I have critical finance data in that account and can't lose access to it)

don

Tagged:

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What version of Quicken are you running, old timer? Only the current subscription version is supported by Quicken.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

And what specifically is the issue you are experiencing?

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2023

@donhens You should call or chat with customer support (click on the Support link at the top of the page). I think they are the only ones who are going to be able to update your account.

@GeoffG If I'm reading between the lines correctly, they can't log in to their Quicken account because their user name is not their email address and they can't use the account recovery links because they can no longer access the email they originally used with Quicken. I've run into that kind of problem with old accounts once or twice (most recently this evening, in fact) but never with the wrinkle of not being able to access the email account.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• donhens
    donhens Member ✭✭

@GeoffG , You nailed it. This is my problem!

@jon I sure wish your suggestion was that easy (or I could find that "Support Link"), The years I have attempted to contact tech support, I have not been able to find an email or phone number to call? Your assistance with that is appreciated

• Jon

Look up at the top of the page right now, it's right there.

• donhens
    donhens Member ✭✭
    @GeoffG That is different (from years ago), thanks! Of course, they are closed now but this may resolve my problem and I owe it to you guys . . .
  • Jon

You're welcome. BTW, I'm not GeoffG.

• donhens
    donhens Member ✭✭
    JON, The support link does not work because when I click on the "Chat" or "Phone", it sends me back to the "Login" page, I need to speak with a tech support. Any NEW suggestions?
  • Jon

The phone support number is (650) 250-1900

• Jon

It's not just that, it actually requires that you be logged in before it will show you the phone number or the chat options. Kind of a catch-22 if you're having a problem logging in.

• donhens
    donhens Member ✭✭
    It sounds like we are in agreement, I can't get access to tech support! Just thinking outside the box - does anyone have ANY address that I could write to and maybe they could forward my dilemma to someone?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited April 2023

Hello @donhens,

Thanks for reaching out.

You can contact Quicken Support through this link. Once you navigate to this link, you may click Call Us or Chat With Us, and below the box that asks you to sign in, you will see For Sales & Renewals, or if you're having trouble signing in: Contact Us. You may click this message for access to Support (see screenshot below).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@donhens ,
    earlier in this discussion you were given a phone number to call.
    Have you called them yet?
    During posted hours of operation only, of course.

This discussion has been closed.