Online balance for Bank of America not working

Options
jd1254
jd1254 Member

About a week ago my online balance with Bank of America started giving me a wrong value. The online balance will usually include any pending charges to my checking account, but when I factor those in, Quicen says I have $42 more in my checking account. I waited a week and after I updated my Bank of America account again, it still shows an online balance $42 higher than the actual online balance per the bank. Anybody else having this problem with Bank of America online balances?

Comments

• davebailey46
    Options

I have the same issue with all my Bank of America accounts. Not sure if the solution is at Quicken or Bank of America.

• denney53
    denney53 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still having the same problem!!!!👿

• LMH
    LMH Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. This is going to be a problem when there is a hold charge that does not match up with the actual amount of the charge.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6922)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

In order to assist further in the investigation, we require the answers to a few questions.

1. Account Type:
    2. Account Name:
    3. Actual Online Balance:
    4. Online Balance with Pending Transactions:

(Screenshots would also be helpful, if you are uncomfortable posting these, you can direct message me)

We look forward to your responses.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Keith Johnson
    Keith Johnson Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken is showing a different balance than my actual Bank of America account. I've tried to reconcile the account manually but I'm unable to resolve the difference.
  • mfgcharlottenc
    mfgcharlottenc Member ✭✭
    Options

Yep, "online balance" shown in Quicken includes any BofA pending charges, but the pending charges are not downloaded and shown in my register.

• Bart57266
    Bart57266 Member
    Options

Same problem, here! For the Bank of America online balance, Quicken is including the bank's PENDING transactions. It should not be including them, because they are not a part of today's balance. The bank won't show them as cleared until tomorrow. The only way we can reconcile is if no transactions are pending at the bank.

• Bob@61
    Bob@61 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem with my BofA account. Annoying
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same for me - Q 'Online Balance' now includes BofA Processing transactions which will not show as cleared (downloaded) until tomorrow… this has happened several times in the past and I thought it was finally corrected this time… hopefully it will be again soon, since it makes no sense financially.

• mototom
    mototom Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > In order to assist further in the investigation, we require the answers to a few questions.
    >
    > Account Type:Account Name:Actual Online Balance:Online Balance with Pending Transactions:(Screenshots would also be helpful, if you are uncomfortable posting these, you can direct message me)
    >
    > We look forward to your responses.

This has been going on for a really long time now. I don't see any way to DM you, but am happy to send screenshots if it helps. This makes Quicken download much less useful, as I still need to log in to get a real balance for actual reconciliation. Please get this bug fixed.

(The irony that they took away the ability to see pending Bill Pay transactions because it's "not in the feed" under the new connection method but are now capturing an online balance that includes all pending transactions is not lost on me.)
  • Bart57266
    Bart57266 Member
    Options

Could this be fixed, now? Three hours ago, I withdrew cash from an ATM. That transaction is listed in my bank account transactions at BOA's website as "Processing". I just ran an update in Quicken, and it pulled the online balance BEFORE the ATM transaction. So, either this is now fixed, or the reason it didn't pull the after-ATM balance is because that transaction is listed as "Processing" instead of "Pending".

Is anyone else seeing improvement, especially with "Pending" BOA transactions?

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

it should now be fixed.

This discussion has been closed.