Budget Rollover Errors following last update

Options

I have been really busy and did not get to review the March budget until today. I went into the budget tool and found that the "rollover balances at the end of the month" has been turned off for the current year and all prior years. This means that my rollover amounts have disappeared completely. Has this happened to anyone else?

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @RedOwl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Based on what you're describing, is it safe to assume that everything was still good when you reviewed your February budget? If so, then this issue likely started sometime in March. Was there anything that happened in March, such as a power failure, power surge, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive, or is it on a shared network drive? Do you have it synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (usually, you will see it in the file location if the file is synced with a cloud service)? The simplest way to check the file location, if you are in your Quicken and have the file open, is to click on File, and look near the bottom of the list, just above Exit. It will show the file locations for the 4 most recently accessed Quicken files with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RedOwl
    RedOwl Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response. I keep the file in my OneDrive. That means it is resident on my hard drive but a backup copy always exists in the cloud. I was worried about a corrupted file. I have been using the same Quicken file for many years. It's up to 118 MB.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

It is recommended that you keep your file directly on the C drive. If you need to keep it on One Drive, it would be a good idea to pause One Drive while you are accessing your file.

To troubleshoot this issue you're encountering, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• RedOwl
    RedOwl Member
    Options

I am afraid that the proposed fixes did not work. Both the validate and the super validate operations found corrupted data - but the budget rollover problem persists.

• RedOwl
    RedOwl Member
    Options

At this point I will start a new data file (kept on my hard drive with a cloud backup). I hate losing all that history but it's better than losing control of my budget.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm sorry to hear its necessary to start a new file. That said, the history should still be available in the old file, as long as you don't delete it. This article gives information about alternating between multiple files.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.